We got some more news yesterday at the Oncologist office as she had received the Pathology report from my surgery. Bad news & good news but it doesn't really change my treatment. It seems the tumor they removed was 11cm, which took me from stage one to stage three! The good news is that they removed 12 lymph nodes and only two of the sentinel nodes were positive, so it had started to spread but hadn't gotten anywhere yet. My Chemo will begin on February 13th & I will most likely be having Radiation therapy after I'm done with my big chemo (approximately 18 weeks).
My recovery is going fairly well. I'm still tired & sore but feeling all-right. The worst thing is these drains are driving me NUTS! They don't really hurt but they are irritating & there is one literally coming out of each side of my body. I am going to my Plastic Surgeon's office tomorrow for a follow up & I believe he will be taking at least one of them out. The other is still draining more fluid than it should be (nothing serious though) so I'm almost positive he won't let me get that one out yet. Bummer. But I won't complain because only having one is better than two! We still have people bringing us dinner for the next couple nights & one of my sweet friends sent a cleaning lady over today...YAY! (Thanks again Mer) My Mother in Law has been here since last Friday & has been such a huge help, especially with the girls. And they have loved having Nana here. All in all I can't complain...ok, I could complain but it really would serve no purpose. Just, thank goodness for painkillers!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
Bummer on the bad news, but yippy!!! on the good news. You, Coray and the girls are in my prayers.
With those drains you should be able to do the "I'm a little Teapot" song really good...here is my handle and here are my spouts....tehehehehehehe
Love Ya Kristine!!!
Dude! So does that mean they may have gotten it before the spread started seriously occurring? SO if you are starting chemo and radiation does that mean that they are going to prescribe you medical marijuana? Perhaps Chris and I will visit you sooner than later. Ya know-to help out. hA!
Kristine I'm sorry about the bad news, but at least you have some good news to go with it. Sounds you have a great support system around you.
I'm still coming your way the end of march, let me know if you are up for a visit. Would love to see you again and meet the girls, but totally understand if you're just too tired. Feel free to say you can't, I understand.
I'll toss your name in my group of friends, and let them light some candles, and send healing vibes your way.
{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}
Kris, thanks for the update. We love you! xoxo
Thanks for keeping this blog updated. We think about you all the time. I even put your surgery dates in my calendar (like there's anything I could do about it anyways).
We are thinking of you and you are in our prayers!! Good luck in getting those drains out. They must be so annoying. Wish I was there to cook and clean for you and to help take care of the girls!
Post a Comment