Ok, our Disney trip was AWESOME and my little three year old is just not a baby anymore. The girls had a blast and I have about 100 pictures to go through and upload...I'm intimidated but will try to get that done this weekend and post more about our trip. Wednesday night, after we got back from So Cal, Skye hosted a "hat and scarf" party for me at our church building. It was so much fun. I got some cute hats and scarves and a sizeable amount of cash to buy more! Thanks to Skye and Kylie and all the lovely ladies who came and brought yummy food and desserts and spent part of their evening with me. I really feel blessed to have such a great support group!
I had to go register at the hospital today for surgery next Wednesday, and I had to have lab work done (yes, more needles...yuck), an EKG and a pre-surgical exam with my plastic surgeon. I'm feeling a lot of anxiety and definitely overwhelmed. Mostly because of what will happen BEFORE the surgery. I have to have a sentinel lymph node biopsy during the surgery, no big deal since I'll be out cold. BUT, before the surgery they have to place a marker in me so the surgeon knows exactly where to go to do the biopsy. The last time I had a marker placed was in October when my first surgeon did a needle biopsy and placed a marker where that had been done. It was honestly the most horrible, traumatic experience of my life. I can't even describe how painful it was. I was crying on the table, I felt like I was being stabbed. And yes, she used a local anesthetic...twice. So, my anxiety is about having to have that done before the surgery. I'm not even concerned about the surgery...at least I'll be under general anesthesia for that! I seriously don't know if I can do it. Not that part. They are going to HAVE to give me something or sedate me somehow. I think I'm going to call my surgeon's office to discuss it and see if anything can be done.
Anyway, I also found out the surgery (which begins at 3:00) is going to take about FOUR hours. So don't expect any calls or texts or updates (from Coray, not me) until late Wednesday night. I know after surgery I'll be in recovery for awhile before I get to a room or anything, so it could be pretty late. I have to be at the hospital at noon though. It's definitely going to be a long day for Coray. At least I'll be out for a lot of it. I am very comfortable with my surgeon and plastic surgeon so I'm good with that. Just wish me luck for before the surgery!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
I'm of the mind that you probably won't be feeling much like texting at all the day of the surgery! Between the anesthesia and the discomfort from the surgery itself, you'd best not plan to do much of anything that day!
You will be in our thoughts and prayers and I will be thinking of you ALL day! I've been putting your name on the prayer roll at the temple for weeks and weeks!
I guess this whole experience is like a roller coaster, you kind of dread it all the way to the top and once you get there all you can do is hang on for the ride!
I will see you next week!
xo
Kristine, Just like everyone that reads your blog and knows you we are thinking about everyday and praying for you and your family take it easy and know we love you and are thinking all the most positive thought for you we can.
Post a Comment