Thursday, December 25, 2008

A little construction


We received notice that the builders of our community used some plumbing that could potentially be faulty & leak. So in order to avoid a class action lawsuit they have dutifully stepped up & contracted with a plumbing company to repair ALL the pipes in each unit. Nice of them right? Yes it's nice but can I just mention it's a FOUR day PAIN IN THE BUTT?! Day one (Tuesday the 23rd) began at 7:00 am when they came in and put plastic & tape up ALL over the house. At 8:00 am the water went off....thank goodness our neighbors, Jen & Darren Jepson are good friends & let me & the girls hang out there all day...Coray got to go to work (he was lucky). As you can see by the pictures, there's NO WAY I could've stayed here with the girls all day...it looked like a Haz Mat area! Luckily they were done by 3:30 & we got the water back on & they DO clean up the mess, put everything back & take all the plastic down. Day two (yesterday) began at 7:00 am & they were gone by 1:30 this time...no floor to ceiling plastic yesterday either, much better. The city inspector had to come out first though & make sure the installed piping was up to code & working. Then they started to put the drywall back. Did I mention there are about FORTY holes in the walls?? They started to plaster over some of the drywall but they will finish that job tomorrow beginning at...yes, you guessed it....7:00 am. Monday is the last day & that's the painting. We'll try to be out of the house as much as possible for that, or we may all end up with headaches from the fumes. Everybody thinks we're nuts to have them doing this right over Christmas but I really want it over & definitely need to be checking things off the list. We have a surgery date of January 15th (that's THREE weeks from today), so I want nothing left to do by then except recover. Two more days of this, only two more days (repeat as necessary)!


1 comment:

blair and maisy said...

Oh my gosh. I am not looking forward to scheduling ours.