Thursday, April 24, 2008

No more burned clothes!!!

We have a new dryer! YAY!!!! Coray doesn't understand my excitement. See, we bought this place with the washer, dryer & refrigerator included. And now that we know we're staying for awhile there are going to be a few changes. Anyway, the dryer was awful. It burned clothes! So for all of you, take note....NEVER, NEVER buy a dryer with a stainless steel drum. Trust me, you will regret it. When it burned the first blanket, a few weeks after we moved in, I thought I'd done something. It was a super soft, super nice micro-plush blanket that I loved. Gone, had to throw it away. I was so disappointed in myself thinking I'd done something. I couldn't figure it out. Then it was one of Gracie's fleece PJ's. All of a sudden a light went off in my head....was it the dryer?! I'd NEVER had a dryer burn clothes before but somehow it made sense. I looked inside & noticed the steel drum. I'd never had one before, I'd never heard of that before. I did a little online research (ok, so I asked some of the other Mom's on the Baby Board I frequent...some of them had horror stories of dryers burning clothes). I started putting fleece clothes to dry on the "low" setting...still too hot...another blanket & couple more items of fleece (clothes) burned. By burned I mean the fleece gets matted & "hard". The micro-plush blankets were weird, they'd get like "pilly" all over & literally start shedding (like a dog or something)...to where there's no way you could use them. And yes, we had/have quite a few micro-plush blankets & throws...they are pretty cheap at WalMart. Well, this past Monday was the straw that broke my back. It burned the girls lavender throw I used on their bed. It had gotten to the point where all I did was put any fleece/micro-plush on the low setting to tumble for less than 20 minutes & then I'd hang it to dry. That's all I ever did & still...it burned it. Not bad enough to throw it out or shed but it's matted & crispy in a couple spots....just not the cozy throw it used to be. It was shortly after Coray had gotten home from work & I noticed it. I think out of sheer frustration I must've screamed outloud (not too loudly though) & commented that "I hate that #$(%&@ dryer"! He agreed we should get a new one. I'm glad he did because I think I would've just done it anyway (thank goodness we got a super nice tax return). So, I looked on the Sears website, found a Kenmore that was basic but good & went with the girls to our local store on Tuesday to buy it....they delivered it this morning & it's all hooked up & ready to go! YAY!!!!!!! I love Sears. You can't beat their deals or their Customer Service. I actually bought it from the same lady who we bought our water softener from last summer. She even remembered Coray, though he wasn't with us, and told me to tell him "hi"....I think he has a fan. ;-) Plus....it comes with a "get your delivery $$ back" rebate, 1 year interest free financing & even 10% cash back for using a Sears card. Even better! And best of all is that it has a PORCELAIN drum!! WOO HOO! Yeah, it's the little things. Ok, the dryer is not so little but peace of mind? Yeah. Soft, fluffy, NON-burned clothes...oh yeah!. Nope, Coray just doesn't understand my excitement...but I'm ok with that.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I share your joy and completely understand xoxo Skye