Friday, March 27, 2009
Half way done!
Today I had my big chemo #3! Which means I'm half way done with the nasty chemo drugs!!! Three more treatments & I will hopefully never have to ever go through this again. I will still continue on with the drug Herceptin until next February but that one isn't anywhere near as bad. My hair will actually start to grow back! After my six big chemo treatments I will also move on to radiation therapy. I'm not 100% sure of those details yet but I believe it's five days a week for six weeks. That is NOT going to be fun. The radiation won't make me lose my hair but I understand the fatigue can actually be worse with radiation. Lovely. Still, I will do it since it's the best possible treatment plan for me. I also found out I will have the tissue expanders in for at least six months post radiation. I cannot have the replacement surgery until then. Something about the radiation can literally shrivel & harden regular implants so yeah....we'll hold off on the final surgery. I really don't want to look like I have "granny boobs" yet! I think I'd rather have NONE! lol Honestly, I've been surprised so far at how well I've been handling this. The side effects are not nearly as bad as I knew they could be. Knock on wood!! Let's hope it keeps up! And let's hope when all is said & done this does exactly what it supposed to do!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
thats the way to keep the chin up!
Kathi
Hang in there you tough lady! Thanks for commenting on my window blog. I would absolutely love to come and paint your front window for you. I always keep my front window painted and it makes my house seem so much more cheery. Let me know when a good time would be!
You're a champ!
Skye
Post a Comment